Friday, September 9, 2011

assignment #2

One of the topics I will consider talking about is in the 8th grade. We had a big project in English where we had to choose an author and read a few of the author books. The author I chose was Lois Duncan. By the end of the year I had read every one of her books that we had in our library. Most of her novels were all mystery books which kept me at the edge of my seat. At first I started off reading the books because I was required too but by the end of the year I realized my strong passion for reading suspenseful novels. This would be a good topic to write about because it is something I am passionate about. 


My second topic I would write about would probably my junior year English teacher. She was one of those teachers that stuck out and wanted you to write your paper for yourself rather than for her pleasure. You instantly saw that she was more worried about improving our own writing skills rather than just criticizing our writing based on her taste. She inspired me to write from emotion and feeling while using a structural formal essay.


Another topic that comes to mind was when I was younger. During fourth grade, we were forced to write in a journal at least a few times a week. We were able to write about anything we’d like and along with writing we either had to bring in pictures or draw one. That gave us a way of being able to enjoy writing on a regular basis. This is a good topic to use because of the fact that it teaches us that writing can be fun and maybe even a good way to write down memories for people to look back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment